Monday, November 16, 2009

AUTHOR DELVON JOHNSON GOES ON DJ BAKER'S DOO DIRTY SHOW

A few weeks ago, I was invited to be interviewed on Da Doo Dirty Show, by DJ Baker. When I arrived at the studio, I was ready to talk about my book, Love Yourself First. There were several interviews ahead of me, so I had the chance to see DJ’s interviewing tactics. Boy, was fierce! The first thing that came to mind was “Oh shit, I am in trouble” He was coming at the guests with NO HOLDS BARRED. Something I always learned is when listening to interviews is to always answer the question that the person is asking. By doing this, it puts you in a position that you have nothing to hide. The moment the person interviewing you feels that you have something to hide, then you are toast!
Finanlly, it was my turn to hit the hot seat. There was so much that I wanted to talk about in the interview, that his questions and my answers were just smooth flow. I was taken by some of the questions he asked, but I answered them. When he asked me “ Do you spit or swallow.”, my stomach just about hit the floor, but I didn’t stammer. Instead, I asked him “ Spit or swallow what? Soda?” I then proceeded to answer his question, knowing what he meant and said that I spit. In addition, I always brought it back to my book, Love Yourself First, which is what got me in the hot seat in the first place.
After the interview, he asked me who my celebrity dream date would be, or better yet, who I would like to sleep with celebrity wise, and I told him Morris Chestnut. I have always thought that tall black man was enough to make me get married and cook meals. I have followed his career and if that opportunity ever came, those Hollywood bitches better watch out!
Kudos to DJ Baker for the great interview. I think I will be on his show again in the near future. I really enjoyed being on his show, and I think that his interviewing tactics has taught me to be ready for anything when I am on the air. Since then, we have hung out, become very cool and his realness has made him a new friend. I even gave him a cameo appearance in my latest book I am working on. Also, if you haven’t already, you need to pick up Love Yourself First. It has 4.5 stars on Amazon and is sure to be a NY Best Seller. Be sure to chick out the video too! It is simply too much!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment